Good morning, and Happy Sunday!
So, remember a while ago, I made my Rosti Relocated? Yeah, I kind of messed up the poached egg on that. I got distracted for a mere minute, and the whole thing went to pot - what's the point in a poached egg if you don't have a gooey, oozy yellow yolk? No point, that's what.
So, I sought council! I knew who to go to, oh yes I did. And luckily, my good friend Carys was willing, and kindly shared her tricksy little trick for perfect poached eggs with me. So I thought I'd share it right back with you, just in time for breakfast :o)
You will need:
A wine glass
Extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Drizzle oil over piece of cling film and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Nestle the cling film in your wine glass and crack your egg in to it.
3. Pull up the sides of the cling film and twist the top, sealing your little egg bag, and leaving an air pocket.
4. Repeat for however many eggs you want (hey, I don't judge), and when you have them all ready, pop them in to a pan of boiling water.
5. Leave for 4.5 - 5 minutes, depending on the size of your eggs. When ready, take them out of the pan with a slotted spoon, snip open the egg bags, and VOILA!
Easy peasy. And they tasted eeeeggcellent (...mwuhaha!!!!!) If you're feeling a bit feistier, you could also add chilli flakes to the egg bags before cooking, mmm!
Oh, and lastly, PS... Why do the French only eat one egg in the morning?
.... because one egg is une oeuf!
And that is me OUTTA HERE!!
You might also like...
So a little while ago, I went to Terre a Terre in Brighton, and decided that I wanted to give one of their Rosti recipes a go myself. I ha...
It is taking me SO LONG to get through these Barce pics...! I swear I must have taken about 3,000 photos. I will never go on holiday with my...
A little while ago, me and Tora set ourselves a challenge to find the best afternoon tea in Brighton. It was safe to say that Blackbird was ...
I love a good kebab. What's not to love? Meat, mmm. Fresh salad, mmm. Fresh houmous, mmm . I went to a great little Turkish restaurant f...
The other week, I nipped over to Sunny Beach in Bulgaria with Justine, Ellie and Lauren for a glorious seven days in the sunshine. How. Iron...
The other weekend, I jumped on a train and went to visit some of my pals in Hitchin. Hitchin is a market town in Hertfordshire, which I'...