So Laura and I did manage to (reluctantly) tear ourselves away from the kittens at the weekend, and headed for an old favourite of ours, Bistrot Pierre, for a delicious French linner! You remember linner - lunch / dinner... linner. Yeah.
Bistrot Pierre is a chain that offers delightful, and affordable, French dishes. The branch in Nottingham was the first to open it's doors in 1994, and used to be a bank. Apparently, they still use the old bank vaults as dry stores in the kitchen! The restaurant has everything you'd expect from a bistrot - exposed brick walls lined with fine wines, French art, a simple, yet tempting, menu, and a nice relaxed ambience.
Both Laura and I plumped for the Fritôts de calamars for starters (crispy fried squid with roasted garlic mayonnaise), which was followed by Steak-Frites with a Roquefort butter sauce, and the Burger Maison, served with aged Gruyère and baby gem.
As you can probably tell from my face of pure delight, and Laura's look of concentration, the food was deeee-licious.
We headed home sleepy and full from a very enjoyable meal, lots of shopping, far too much fresh bread and wine, and Shakeaway milkshakes, to find Swanson and Piper ready and waiting to play :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You might also like...
-
A little while ago, me and Tora set ourselves a challenge to find the best afternoon tea in Brighton. It was safe to say that Blackbird was ...
-
WAIT!! If you're going to be waking up in Brighton tomorrow morning, and are just about to make your lunch to take in to work... PUT THA...
-
"Hello, Darling". "Hi, M2! How's it going?" "I'm good thank you, how are you?" "I'm good, ...
-
So far I'm absolutely loving doing this blog! Don't get me wrong, I've had a fair few moments where I've wanted to punch my ...
-
I have been a rubbish blogger. I went away on holiday the other week, and I think it was one of those ones that's mainly meant I've ...
-
Day four in Lisbon was the sunniest day we'd experienced so far. We went for a lovely little wander to see the Saint George castle in th...
-
A few weeks ago, I did something I've never done before... I got a gel manicure. Ok, so I know it's not exactly paragliding or any...
-
Pottery Painting Cafe is... well, exactly what it says on the tin. It's a pottery painting haven on North Road, where you can choose fro...
-
This weekend just gone, one of my best friends, Laura, came to visit. Laura and I met and lived together at university. Over the years, we...
-
The other week, I packed my bags and headed to Nottingham to see my bestie, Laura. Laura's just moved house, so I was looking forward to...

































No comments:
Post a Comment